Xbox Information, Fitting Guides, Repair Guides...
Here we have tried to organise all of the information we have regarding the Xbox video games console and specifically Xbox console repairs, servicing and upgrading.
|Fitting & Installation Guides||Console Information|
Xbox Samsung Laser Fitting
Xbox Samsung Static Points
Xbox Thomson Laser Fitting
Forum (community support)
|Common Parts & Spares||Downloadable Files|
|Xbox Samsung D12 Laser
Xbox Thomson Laser
Xbox Philips Laser
Xbox T10 / T20 Screwdrivers
All Xbox Parts
* CPU: 32-bit 733 MHz, Pentium III-based, custom Intel Coppermine-based processor in a Micro-PGA2 package (though soldered to the mainboard using BGA). 180 nm process.
o SSE floating point SIMD. Four single-precision floating point numbers per clock cycle.
o MMX integer SIMD
o 133 MHz 64-bit GTL+ front-side bus to GPU
o 32 KB L1 cache. 128 KB on-die L2 "Advanced Transfer Cache"
* Shared memory subsystem
o 64 MB DDR SDRAM at 200 MHz; in dual-channel 128-bit configuration giving 6400 MB/s
o Supplied by Hynix or Samsung depending on manufacture date and location
* GPU and system chipset: 233 MHz "NV2A" ASIC. Co-developed by Microsoft and Nvidia.
o Geometry engine: 115 million vertices/second, 125 million particles/second (peak)
o 4 pixel pipelines with 2 texture units each
o 932 megapixels/second (233 MHz x 4 pipelines), 1,864 megatexels/second (932 MP×2 texture units) (peak)
+ Peak triangle performance (32pixel divided from filrate): 29,125,000 32-pixel triangles/s raw or w. 2 textures and lit.
# 485,416 triangles per frame at 60 frame/s
# 970,833 triangles per frame at 30 frame/s
o 8 textures per pass, texture compression, full scene anti-aliasing (NV Quincunx, supersampling, multisampling)
o Bilinear, trilinear, and anisotropic texture filtering
o Similar to the GeForce 3 and GeForce 4 PC GPUs
* Storage media
o 2×–5× (2.6 MB/s–6.6 MB/s) CAV DVD-ROM
o 8 or 10 GB, 3.5 in, 5,400 RPM hard disk. Formatted to 8 GB. FATX file system.
o Optional 8 MB memory card for saved game file transfer.
* Audio processor: NVIDIA "MCPX" (a.k.a. SoundStorm "NVAPU")
o 64 3D sound channels (up to 256 stereo voices)
o HRTF Sensaura 3D enhancement
o MIDI DLS2 Support
o Monaural, Stereo, Dolby Surround, Dolby Digital Live 5.1, and DTS Surround (DVD movies only) audio output options
* Integrated 10/100BASE-TX wired ethernet
* DVD movie playback (Add-on required)
* A/V outputs: composite video, S-Video, component video, SCART, Digital Optical TOSLINK, and stereo RCA analog audio
* Resolutions: 480i, 480p, 576i, 576p, 720p, 1080i
* Controller ports: 4 proprietary USB 1.1 ports
* Weight: 3.86 kg (8.5 lb)
* Dimensions: 320×100×260 mm (12.5×4×10.5 in)
Much of the content on this page has been produced with information provided by wikipedia under the terms and conditions of the creative commons license.